GEMS Founders School follows the National Curriculum for England and endeavours to prepare your children for a UK education in the future. In order to achieve this, we wish for children to be placed appropriately in the correct year group.
For New Students
STEP 1 – ONLINE APPLICATION
Click here to complete the Online Student Enquiry & Registration. Once you complete the form, you will receive an acknowledgement with an online reference number and advice on the following steps.
STEP 2 – REGISTRATION
Parents should pay Application Fee of AED 500/- (excluding VAT) online or at the school cash counter.
This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
Parents are required to submit the listed documents to complete the application. Please note you are requested to upload the documents online. Due to the large volume of applications we receive daily, we will not be able to accept these documents through email.
Note: Payment of the Application fee does not guarantee your child a place at the school. Your application will only be completed once we have received all documentation and the required payment.
STEP 3 - ASSESSMENT
- Your child will be invited by the School Registrar for an assessment or for an interview (when appropriate and if necessary) via email notification or phone.
- Results will be notified via email or by phone.
OBSERVATION - Foundation Stage 1 and 2 (FS1 and FS2)
WRITTEN ASSESSMENTS - Year 1 and Year 2
CAT4 AND WRITTEN ASSESSMENTS - Year 3 to Year 10
STEP 4 – ENROLMENT
Registrar will be sending offer letters to successful applicants, subject to seat availability.
STEP 5 – Registration Deposit
- This deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
- Once the above process is completed student is officially enrolled.
- Parents will be notified via email the schedule of tuition fee payment, by the Finance department.
For Existing Students
This deposit is payable at the time of Re-enrolment to guarantee a place for the following academic year. The Re-registration deposit is 5% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
- Passport (Copies for the child, father and mother)
- Residency visa page (Copies for child, father and mother - when available)
- Copy of your child's birth certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Recent passport size photographs of your child
- Copies of your child's last 2 school reports for all children entering Year 1 and above (in English); Nursery report cards, if available, for children entering FS1 and FS2. 6 months validity medical, therapy report, if your child is with special educational needs.
- Copy of your child’s immunisation card
- Emirates ID card back & front (Copies for the child, father and mother- when available)
- Original Emirates ID of child and both the parents (will be required if your child is accepted into GEMS Founders School-Dubai)
- Transfer certificate: After receiving an offer to join GEMS Founders School Al Mizhar, we will request the Transfer certificate from your previous school. The original Transfer Certificate must be on official school letterhead. This form must be typed, signed by the Principal and show an official school stamp.
The Transfer Certificate of students from schools located in any country other than Australia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, USA and UAE, MUST be in English or Arabic and attested by:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- UAE Embassy
Attestation is required for GCC countries from the Ministry of Education only.
The Transfer Certificates within Dubai Schools are done electronically and other Emirates transfers still need to be attested by the Ministry of Education only.
The above-supporting documents written in bold letters are the minimum required to process your application.
Please look into our Admission Policy for more information.
For further information, contact our registrar on +971 4 210 3523.